Team Manager Information
Electronic Paperwork Copies – Download Here…
Challenge Tournament Data Form
Think you’re really being helpful by interfering with the team’s solution? Read this article and revisit your thinking. Why interfering isn’t helping the team!
Need to ask a specific Clarification? You have 10, so why not use them! Go to www.destinationimagination.org and select Challenge Program and then Clarifications…then you select your team’s challenge! The deadline to submit a clarification is February 15th.
Rules of the Road and MADI Specific Policies….
Review the list of banned items specific to Massachusetts DI.
New Team Manager Training Information…
Since everyone is so busy on the weekends, we are offering three-hour training sessions from 6-9pm during the week. You may attend any session as they are all the same, but will be offered at different locations across the state, on different days. This training goes into a lot of detail about the program and how to successfully run a team. We highly recommend all new and newer team managers attend one of these training sessions. Click here for where and when!
Here is the PowerPoint so you have access to the links
Step by Step Instructions for Purchasing and Managing your team info at National DI website.
Team Building Activities document.
Team Manager Season Kick-off Training Materials
Improv Class materials here http://www.improvintheclassroom.net/games-index/
Team Manager Tournament Boot Camp
The second of our two team manager trainings is vastly different than the New Team Manager training. Team Manager Tournament Boot Camp is critical for all team managers – new or experienced. Come and discuss your team’s challenge with the state’s Affiliate Challenge Masters. Ask your questions, listen to others ask theirs. To ensure your team is not misinterpreting the challenge, it is best for you to attend this training. Team Members (of any team) are not allowed to attend even if they are a co-manager on another team.
WHERE? Grafton Middle School, Grafton, MA
WHEN? Saturday, January 12, 2019.
No need to register for this training – just bring a bagged lunch and join us for the day. We will have coffee, tea, and donuts in the cafeteria starting at 7:45 a.m. and will begin in the auditorium at 8:15.
The schedule will be available.
Tournament Day…Team photos
Help your team remember the year with a team photo by Sullivan’s Studio. click here for more information.
Team Building and Instant Challenge Resources…
MADI: Team Building Activities
National Destination Imagination: IC Practice Ideas blog post
Montana Destination Imagination: Components of Instant Challenge
Iowa Destination Imagination: Iowa Practice Library
Ben aka – The Duct Tape Guy
New York Destination Imagination: IC Tips and Tricks
New Hampshire DI: Practice Library
Our compendium of collected Creative Problem Solving tools and techniques
Creative Problem Solving Resources
- SCAMPER — evoke or trigger new or varied options
- Morphological_Matrix— find new combinations of various parameters or characteristics of an item or a situation
- Force_Fitting — encourage new possibilites to arise from unexpected connections
- Attribute_Listing — use to look at new possibilities for an element
- Lotus_Blossom_Technique— trigger elaboration and variation on a single core idea
- Idea_Generators — generate as many ideas as possible
- ALoU— a constructive way to analyze strengths, challenges, unique aspects, and future potential of an option
- Evaluation_Matrix — evaluate, weigh or choose options against specific criteria
- Paired_Comparison_Analysis— rank a small number of choices
- Sequencing — organize tasks along a timeline to create a plan of action
Additional Team Manger Resources
Like us on Facebook for weekly Team Manager Tips and Tricks.