Team Manager Information
Registration Assistance 2020:
Purchasing & Managing Team Number/Materials @ National DI
Instructions: Purchasing and Managing Team Information at National DI
Registering & Managing Teams with Massachusetts DI
Go to madikids.org
Instructions: Registering Teams with MADI
Electronic Paperwork Copies – Download Here…
Challenge Tournament Data Forms:
Declaration of Independence and Expense Report forms:
These will be posted when available.
Think you’re really being helpful by interfering with the team’s solution? Read this article and revisit your thinking. Why interfering isn’t helping the team!
Need to ask a specific question about the challenge – that is called a CLARIFICATION? You have 10, so why not use them! Go to www.destinationimagination.org and select Challenge Program and then Clarifications…then you select your team’s challenge! The deadline to submit a clarification is January 30th.
Rules of the Road & MADI Specific Policies/Procedures
The Rules of the Road 2020 should be the first stop for every Team Manager.
Review the list of banned items specific to Massachusetts DI
Please make sure all of your parents and spectators know about the MADI Code of Conduct
Review the Massachusetts Specific Procedures.
Youth Protection Policy
Team Manager Fall Conference (2020)
We have revamped our fall training to offer a variety of new workshops for Team Managers who are new to DI and those who are seasoned!
- Creative Problem Solving
- DI Discipline handout
- Reading the Central Challenge for New TMs & How to Read A Team Challenge for Experienced Team Managers TMT
- DI Bridging the Levels
- Costuming and props & DI Props
- Instant Challenge Tips for TMs & Unraveling the Instant Challenge Mystery – aka IC Basics
- Solving A Technical challenge & Solving a techical challenge pwrpoint
- Understanding Team Choice Elements
- Coaching an Engineering Team__ Not me
Team Building Activities document.
Team Manager Tournament Boot Camp (training) 2020
The second of our two team manager trainings is vastly different than the New Team Manager training. Team Manager Tournament Boot Camp is critical for all team managers – new or experienced. Come and discuss your team’s challenge with the state’s Affiliate Challenge Masters. Ask your questions, listen to others ask theirs. To ensure your team is not misinterpreting the challenge, it is best for you to attend this training. Team Members (of any team) are not allowed to attend even if they are a co-manager on another team.
WHERE? The 2021 training will all be online
Training Day Handouts
Will be posted when available
Tournament Day…Team photos
TBD for 2021
Team Building and Instant Challenge Resources…
MADI: Team Building Activities
National Destination Imagination: IC Practice Ideas blog post
Montana Destination Imagination: Components of Instant Challenge
Iowa Destination Imagination: Iowa Practice Library
Ben aka – The Duct Tape Guy
New York Destination Imagination: IC Tips and Tricks
New Hampshire DI: Practice Library
Our compendium of collected Creative Problem Solving tools and techniques
Creative Problem Solving Resources
- SCAMPER — evoke or trigger new or varied options
- Morphological_Matrix— find new combinations of various parameters or characteristics of an item or a situation
- Force_Fitting — encourage new possibilites to arise from unexpected connections
- Attribute_Listing — use to look at new possibilities for an element
- Lotus_Blossom_Technique— trigger elaboration and variation on a single core idea
- Idea_Generators — generate as many ideas as possible
- ALoU— a constructive way to analyze strengths, challenges, unique aspects, and future potential of an option
- Evaluation_Matrix — evaluate, weigh or choose options against specific criteria
- Paired_Comparison_Analysis— rank a small number of choices
- Sequencing — organize tasks along a timeline to create a plan of action.
Additional Team Manager Resources
Like us on Facebook for weekly Team Manager Tips and Tricks.