Team Manager Information
Electronic Paperwork Copies – Download Here…
Challenge Tournament Data Forms:
Will be posted when available
Think you’re really being helpful by interfering with the team’s solution? Read this article and revisit your thinking. Why interfering isn’t helping the team!
Need to ask a specific question about the challenge – that is called a CLARIFICATION? You have 10, so why not use them! Go to www.destinationimagination.org and select Challenge Program and then Clarifications…then you select your team’s challenge! The deadline to submit a clarification is February 15th.
Rules of the Road & MADI Specific Policies/Procedures
The Rules of the Road 2019 should be the first stop for every Team Manager.
Review the list of banned items specific to Massachusetts DI
Review the Massachusetts Specific Procedures.
Team Manager Fall Conference (training)
We have revamped our fall training to offer a variety of new workshops for Team Managers who are new to DI and those who are seasoned!
Here are some of the sessions you can expect for new Team Managers…
- Introduction to managing a DI team
- Understanding a central challenge
- Interference for new TMs – what it is and what it is not
- Team Choice Elements
- The Creative Process
- IC for Newbies
Here are some of the new workshops for experienced Team Managers…
- Basics of electricity/wiring – how not to electrocute yourself or burn the place down
- Set Design – how to build a backdrop that doesn’t fall over
- Project Management for DI
- Props – Tips for innovative use of materials
- Bridge the Gap between levels
And we have so many more! The full schedule and workshop list will be available closer to the event.
We are certain you will find this day extremely helpful and look forward to seeing you!
Please bring a bagged lunch; we will serve coffee and donuts in the morning.
Team Building Activities document.
Team Manager Tournament Boot Camp (training)
The second of our two team manager trainings is vastly different than the New Team Manager training. Team Manager Tournament Boot Camp is critical for all team managers – new or experienced. Come and discuss your team’s challenge with the state’s Affiliate Challenge Masters. Ask your questions, listen to others ask theirs. To ensure your team is not misinterpreting the challenge, it is best for you to attend this training. Team Members (of any team) are not allowed to attend even if they are a co-manager on another team.
WHERE? Grafton Middle School, Grafton, MA
No need to register for this training – just bring a bagged lunch and join us for the day. We will have coffee, tea, and donuts in the cafeteria starting at 7:45 a.m. and will begin in the auditorium at 8:15.
Training Day Handouts
Fine Arts –
Service Learning –
Rising Stars –
Instant Challenge –
Tournament Day…Team photos
Help your team remember the year with a team photo by Sullivan’s Studio.
Team Building and Instant Challenge Resources…
MADI: Team Building Activities
National Destination Imagination: IC Practice Ideas blog post
Montana Destination Imagination: Components of Instant Challenge
Iowa Destination Imagination: Iowa Practice Library
Ben aka – The Duct Tape Guy
New York Destination Imagination: IC Tips and Tricks
New Hampshire DI: Practice Library
Our compendium of collected Creative Problem Solving tools and techniques
Creative Problem Solving Resources
- SCAMPER — evoke or trigger new or varied options
- Morphological_Matrix— find new combinations of various parameters or characteristics of an item or a situation
- Force_Fitting — encourage new possibilites to arise from unexpected connections
- Attribute_Listing — use to look at new possibilities for an element
- Lotus_Blossom_Technique— trigger elaboration and variation on a single core idea
- Idea_Generators — generate as many ideas as possible
- ALoU— a constructive way to analyze strengths, challenges, unique aspects, and future potential of an option
- Evaluation_Matrix — evaluate, weigh or choose options against specific criteria
- Paired_Comparison_Analysis— rank a small number of choices
- Sequencing — organize tasks along a timeline to create a plan of action
Additional Team Manger Resources
Like us on Facebook for weekly Team Manager Tips and Tricks.